Tuesday 3 July 2018

Tired Hands Fermentaria - Philadelphia

In the spring of 2017, I ordered a pint of Tired Hands Hop Hands Pale at Warpigs and I sat outside in the Copenhagen sunshine to enjoy it. It was exquisite, and made it into my Top Ten beers of the Year.

From that point onwards, Tired Hands have been on my radar, and this was underlined when Michael Kiser referred to them recently several times on the Good Beer Hunting Podcast.

So, when I was putting together an itinerary that included Philadelphia, it was natural that I included a visit to Tired Hands Fermentaria. 

Tired Hands are based just off the picturesque high street in the upmarket western suburb of Ardmore.

The impressive space includes a pretty large brew kit, along with restaurant covers for perhaps 100 diners, as well as bar seating for a further 40-50. It is clear that Tired Hands are well-established in the Premier League of US craft breweries, and the location and style of the Taproom reflects their status.

The beer selection good, and the staff were attentive. This is definitely one of the more refined Taproom experiences I have ever had, but still immensely enjoyable.



No comments:

Post a Comment