Sunday 8 July 2018

Brain Dead Brewing - Dallas

Brain Dead Brewing is located on Main Street in Deep Ellum, surrounded by loads of other cool bars, restaurants, clubs etc.

It has a great street corner location, with a decent sized front patio area, which would be perfect if it wasn't mid-summer and at least 40 degrees C in the afternoon sun!

I arrived at about 4pm Saturday afternoon and the taproom was busy, but I managed to grab a seat at the bar, and got to work on the 40 draft beers on offer!

Brain Dead have a couple of flight options available (5 x 4oz and 13 x 4 oz respectively, but both are pre-selected beers with no substitutes permitted). I understand why bars do this, but I prefer it when they don't. I would rather pay a little more for my tasting flight, and get to choose my own beers.

They were doing a good trade with both beer and food, and I hung out for about 90 minutes, before braving the late-afternoon heat once more. 

This was another impressive and thriving business that I would happily return to.



2 comments:

  1. Good review - I like the prose style ..."and got to work on the 40 draft beers on offer!"
    What's the cost for these flights? 5 x 4oz and 13 x 4oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasters were typically between $2 and $3 in Dallas. They can be much cheaper in other parts of the USA, for example, a couple of the more remote taprooms I visited in New Jersey were much cheaper. Carton Brewery in NJ charged $5 for 6 x 4oz tasters! :-)

    ReplyDelete