Tuesday 31 July 2018

Inn Deep - Glasgow

In doing my research for this short trip to Glasgow, I found several people bemoaning that Glasgow is rather short of decent craft beer venues, for a city of it's size.

However, I was able to identify two very decent sounding options (In addition to the two Brewdog bars, neither of which appealed to me, due to poor guest tap-lists on the week in question).

On my second afternoon in the City, I jumped on the metro at Buchanan St and rode it a few stops around to Kelvinbridge.
Out of the station and across the bridge, and I was standing in front of Inn Deep, which has a small street level corner entrance. The bar itself is located in a vaulted space on the floor below, with interior seating for perhaps 75, and some tables out on the footpath overlooking the river that seats another 30 or so.

Inn Deep has the feel of a small underground club, but the bar is superbly stocked a fine mix of around 20 UK craft beers, mostly on keg, with three cask beer as well.

The bar was doing a decent trade on this hot sunny Thursday afternoon, for both drinks and food. Service was prompt and friendly, and I spent a couple of very agreeable hours sampling halves and thirds up and down the menu.


No comments:

Post a Comment