Thursday 23 August 2018

Ludlum Island Brewing - Ocean View, NJ

This Taproom reminded me strongly of Glasstown Brewing, just a few miles to the NW in New Jersey, which I visited earlier this year. Both are located on small industrial parks in sparsely populated areas, and both had a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

Ludlum Island Taproom is a modest facility, with seating for perhaps 20 people downstairs, along with an upstairs room of similar size.

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and range of beers available, including two cask beers!

There is no food available to purchase, but a family who were there when I arrived had a picnic in full swing on the central table!

As I was driving, I restricted myself to a single flight, but the beers were excellent, and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to this sleepy corner of rural New Jersey.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment